The Center for the Study and Development of Talent,-PENTA UC- was established in January 2001 by the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. It is an interdisciplinary initiative which seeks to:
- generate scientific knowledge on the subject of talent
- contribute toward the training of specialized professionals
- exchange with international specialized centers.
The Center also aims to
- increase public interest and awareness regarding the needs and rights of gifted children
- contribute to the educational system providing alternative methods of assessment and interventions specifically designed for talented students.